Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Apocrypha

The word apocrypha has a lot of meanings. It's based on the greek word 'apĆ³krupho', meaning 'hidden' - and that certainly seems appropriate for a blog that is just starting. Hidden from the vast majority of the world, for sure!

Another use for the word is (according to Wikipedia) 'writings of questionable value.' That also seems appropriate for this blog, consisting as it will (I hope) of my various ramblings and creative nonsense. Questionable value indeed.

Other meanings (biblical and otherwise) have only a tangential relationship to this blog and its intended use, so I'll leave them out (though perhaps I will engage in things esoteric AND spurious).

I guess only time will tell what meaning is the most reflective. Hopefully you'll hang around and see as well.

-bob

No comments:

Post a Comment